View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #26
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Ripped the floor mat out and found a bit more rust than I wanted to see. But a lot of it is surface rust in the floor boards. Of course the rockers, kick panels and forward floor corners need to be replaced. One of the many PO's put some sort of plastic foamy liner under the original mat that did nothing but hold moisture. It was still damp in spots when I pulled everything up.

Was kind of "theraputic" to get back into this thing and spending a couple hours on the old heap. It's awesome to have the flame roaring again to get this sucker back on the road.

Also a member that is local to me has most if not all of the sheet metal and bumper that I need. I'll be making a road trip soon, to meet him and pick up those parts. Again this board is amazing how it networks us all together! Not sure if he wants to be named as he got a hold of me via PM. If he does, I will give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind thoughts from all of you. I can't even begin to tell you all how much it has helped.

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.