View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #113
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
7042210 = CHEV 72 350 TRUCK G-10 FEDERAL

EDIT: and 3271 is 23 Nov 1971 date stamp

So, I'd say it's likely original if your truck is a 72. Not sure if G10 is a van ref, but it's the right year, the right engine, and the it says Truck, I'd keep it and rebuild it (again, sorry). Don't underestimate what you can do on this yourself. If it's your daily driver, then you have to have something on there to get from here to there, so maybe a temp or b/u carb isn't a bad idea - but if you've got a free weekend, you can actually do the whole thing, from removal to reinstall in a couple hours. So, even if it is your daily driver, might be able to take a day or two on the weekend and gut it out. Most important thing is to make sure you have ALL the parts you need before you start. Lines, clamps, filters, blah blah.

Oh, and I highly recommend this guy for all things Q-jet. Cliff. https://cliffshighperformance.com/ His Q-jet books are a wealth of info if you want to rebuild one yourself.
If it were my daily driver I would be in REAL trouble. Thankfully it is not, and it can be taken out of commission for these things.

The other thing I keep forgetting is I likely need a new fuel tank given the brown powder that I tapped out of the fuel filter I replaced during troubleshooting. So I still need to come up with a plan. I'm guessing putting a newly rebuilt carb on without addressing that is not the best idea.
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote