View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:39 PM   #22
Myself

Re: Exhaust decision, opinions?

-Trucks and SUV's tend to 'drone' in the first place.
-Dynamat or similar product in the cab helps a TON!
-Before spending a bunch of money try installing RESONATORS right BEFORE the mufflers. I've done custom exhaust on a 4cyl and two 6 cylinder rigs of ours. Do you know what a Jeep straight six with a stainless longtube header, no cat, and flowmaster muffler sounds like?!!? Put a resonator BEFORE the muffler and it's a completely different sound....smoother note (not crackly) and half the decibels....no joke! My Nissan Xterra with a 3.3 V6 has stainless mid length headers, one pair of high flow cats, 2.5" pipe, a stainless resonator (just like thesehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Mufflers-Exhaust-2-5-Inlet-Outlet-20-Long-Resonator-Stainless-Silencer/192787047257?hash=item2ce300e359:g:xjkAAOSwmepcCeBU), and a Flowmaster FlowFX muffler! It has a nice smooth, deepish, sound. Not fart canish at all. The guy at the muffler shop said he would NOT have believed it would sound this good if he'd not heard it himself! Also stated he will remember this little trick for smoothing or toning down a raspy exhaust.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote