View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #24
Grizz1963

Re: Jeep Cherokee door check straps. Are these right?

Been a bit busy getting ready for my job change the last few weeks, finish the current job on Friday, new job Tuesday.

In the industry I am in, it is very academically driven, and all new knowledge needs to be learned and tests/exams have a non negotiable 85% pass rate.

So just when I thought I would spend some time on the truck while on holiday before leaving my current job, the training files etc got here........ Need I say more?

Anyway, those that know the truck will recall that I need to replace my door check straps as the passenger door is very knackered after at least two previous contacts with the front fender edge.
I already had the repair panels for the speaker holes in both doors, and the bad crease on the outside of the PS door but still needed to buy some Jeep Cherokee door check straps.

In stepped a hero from South Carolina and offered me his spare set, including the rubber grommets already prepped and ready to fit, along with some door pins as well.

Nicola and I went away for 5 days to the UK's Jurassic Coast to search for fossils and just spend some time together as the rest of this year will be rough from a job point of view, and of course I am off to the USA in October on a road trip with mate Martin.

Many roads signed like this, no mobile or internet, no Starbucks or McDonalds. Refreshing.

Our fossil finds. 170million years old.

So today I went to the Post Office to collect a parcel........

Came home, opened it and found these in it.

Thank you very much friend, these will be saving me a lot of pain in future.

On Saturday I am off to go look at a passenger door off a '64 as well, which has no speaker hole, and seems to be crease free, though not perfect with a bit of ruse, and dents on the bottom edge, at £200.00, the price the seller is asking is more than I would like to pay, but if you do the maths and include all the welding and potential warping on my door, it kind of makes sense to buy this door.

Seems Martin may have a complete cab for his truck as well, again not cheap, but less pain than patching his rusted cab, which is recoverable, but tipped in favour of the replacement unit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote