View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
EagleChief

Help me lower my 71 C10

Hello everyone. I'm sorry in advance, because I know this has been covered plenty of times - but, when I search and read all of threads, I'm more confused than when I started. I knew what I wanted to do before researching, but now, I have no idea what all I need to get there, or how to do it.

Here's the scoop - I have a '71 C10 (attached a photo for visual) at, what I assume, is stock ride height. My fender measurements are, from center of the wheels, about 19.5" +/- about 1/4" front and back. I have a set of aftermarket Corvette Rally's (15x7, 15x8) that are going on shortly. I would like to lower it about 3"-4". I do not want to C-notch, and for me, I think 4/6 is lower than what I want to go.

My question is - how can I go about this without spending an arm and a leg? I made up a quick spreadsheet of the different kits that I know are available - I attached a pic of it as well. The problem is, I don't have the budget to purchase the ECE kit. I know it's the preferred kit on this forum, but it is just too expensive for me. We have a new baby and a 3 yr old, so my "toy" budget is pretty tight.

1) Do I really need all of the parts that are listed in these kits? Panhard bars, track bars, etc?
2) If my measurements are pretty close to level front and back, then a 3.5"/5" kit seems like it would put me nose high, wouldn't it? Would I be better off using the same drop coils front and back?

To me, the Classic Industries 3/5 kit (Part # CSSK6572D35) is something that I can probably afford. But, it does not come with drop spindles, just drop coils. Is there anything wrong with that?

I am just confused as to what all I need and how to go about getting the parts to buy, or what I can do without to get this truck dropped down. Again, I apologize for the repeat of a subject, and all of the questions, but I'm lost here. This is my first attempt at lowering a vehicle.
Attached Images

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=780197

LS Swap Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=811460
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote