View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:17 AM   #92
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

I got the exhaust tied up. Mechanics wire hangers for the time being, but it clears everything and exits out in front of the rear wheels. Not having any way to bend tubing besides cutting/pie cutting/welding was actually a blessing. My welding is still ugly but its getting better and better.

I've put about 50 miles on the truck now. Its not fast, but its spunky and faster than the suspension and brakes really should be responsible for controlling in the condition they're in. Open diff, but it will spin one of the 275/60/17 into second gear, which was one of the goals for this truck.

Its my daily driver at this point while I keep ticking off small things. Far from perfect, but probably the most reliable and leak free vehicle in my fleet right now. I am a consultant/engineer and have been having to go on-site again quite a bit lately, this was yesterday in 90+ degree heat with humidity.

Coolant temps stayed below 195 and trans temps stayed below 160, despite having only one electric fan hooked up. Glad I went with the large radiator.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote