Thread: 55.2-59 55-57 one piece windows
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #144
blackdiesel

Re: 55-57 one piece windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Havn't ordered any latches yet, just looking at the small Autoloc latches. I wonder if the Brothers kit relocates the rear track the same way? There's just so little room there.
The brothers kit DOES NOT relocate the track in the rear of the door like its showed in the video. they let the flimsy felt track flop around in the front to give you enough room for the glass to shift forward the necessary amount for it to work. Very cheesy design and the first time you slam the door with the window down it will come out (trust me, i've tried installing a bro's kit...)

If push comes to shove, you can leave the rear where its at and move the track in the front forward to compensate for the adjustment thats necessary for the window to roll up and down. This way it will leave room for bear claw latches or whatever.

Cory, the way we shown in the video does not affect the original style latches what-so-ever. no further modifications are necessary to replicate this setup. About a month ago (when i got my truck finished... for the 3rd time) i was not satisifed with the way the doors latched. My gaps are good but you just had to slam them to get them to latch. i ordered a new set of original latches and strikers from classicparts.com and my doors *click* like a new truck. And at a quarter of the price, its a no-brainer in my book.
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway

Last edited by blackdiesel; 07-01-2010 at 04:20 PM.
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote