View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Jim_PA

Re: Is it necessary to run rubber fuel line from the cab to the frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
Sure you could. But I would use a short section (6" - 8") of rubber or braided stainless between the steel line and the fuel rail. I would think there needs to be a little something there to take up any twist and vibration, like an OEM setup is.

I don't remember if you are using the stock in-cab tank, and something in the rear. Does the in-cab tank have a threaded fitting on the fuel line into the sending unit?
It's the in-cab stock tank -- The out line already has a -6AN male fitting on it. I'm getting ready to pull the sending unit out, and plumb in a -6AN bulkhead fitting for a return, but I'm thinking about just welding a piece of steel line into the sending unit because I don't see how those bulkhead fittings would make a good seal.

My pre-filter, pump, and 'vette style filter/regulator is already mounted to the frame, just need to run lines to everything.

I was planning on steel all the way from the sending unit to the firewall and running a short piece of braided to the fuel rail.

But somewhere along the line, I remember seeing that the stock setup uses a short piece of rubber from the cab floor to the frame rail hard line in the even that the cab twists or moves/whatever...

Last edited by Jim_PA; 07-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote