View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #10
cerial

Re: Behind the seat tank in a square body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfgassed View Post
Years back I had a 86 chevy that I wheeled and did not want the saddle tanks hanging, and the way I bobbed the truck there was no room for a between the frame tank or fuel cell. I used a behind the seat tank from a 69 GMC and mounted it inside the box between the box sides up against the front of the box. The filler neck was perfect height to be just above the box side.
If you are going to put a flat bed with a roll bar on it why not mount it between the front bars of the roll bar?
Keeps the tank out of the environment snow rain etc. I don't like the idea of the tank sitting in 4" of snow covered in icicles or the sending unit/pickup full of water/mud. Should lead to a little less condensation inside the tank.

Putting it inside the cab allows the headache plate that everything is pushed up/thrown against on the flatbed to be within 3" of the cab for a full 8 foot bed to be maintained.

I ordered a galvanized tank from LMC with eec tonight. I will pull the seat, rebuild the floor,(3/16 steel floor while eliminating rockers), and set the thing in there figuring out where I will need to add brackets and figure out if I can inset the gas cap into the cab.

One of those get it in there and figure things out at this point.

I seen a post on here where the person ran the vent line up to the top of the cab on the passenger side then did a loop before going into the floor and will use that method.
1985 K20 Winter beater
1991 R30(squarebody) c/c flatbed towrig
1994 s10 80"wb custom build
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote