View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #569
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: Attempting my first build 72 K5

The engine runs great and sounds even better! The roller cam in this engine sounds like its pissed off!

The timing is set to 36 degrees total advance and 11 degrees at initial timing. The choke takes longer than normal to turn off, but I think that might be because the thermostat that is on there is set for a lower temp or maybe higher (I'll have to look into to that at some point)

She stops, drives straight, and handles better than when I first bought it 12 years ago.

So far I have about 140 miles on it.

Yesterday, I took it back to the body shop for the final cut and polish and to make some adjustments on the hood to line up. I also scratched the **** out of the tailgate putting it on so that will get completely redone. I'll have it back this Saturday and then I can finish the rest of the exterior cosmetics.. (dog dish caps, emblems, tail gate trim, lower side panels, spare tire, etc).. Dwayne, once again hooked it up with the correct hardware I need to mount my spare tire behind the seat.

Speaking of those dog dish caps... Is there a trick to get them on? I feel like I'm going to crack them if I press to hard.. I'm also thinking the powder coating might be a little too thick?

If you look closely you can see my dog riding shotgun (His name is Kade) I had my plates named after him and added a 5 to make it a KADE5.. At first, I told myself no way, but he spent just as many hours underneath this truck as I did, completely useless when it came to lending a hand, but he did provide moral support!

Name:  Crusing around.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  Crusing 1.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  51.7 KB Name:  crusing 2 back shop.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  back at body shop.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  65.3 KB

Build version 2.0: 72 K5