View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
dwntwn

Re: 1988 r20 Suburban Cummins swap

I forgot to mention while I was getting that c20 ready to sell I started cleaning and painting a c10 frame. Its an 84 short 2wd, I've got a clean AC cab (no rust) I'm gonna put on it. The original cab was from back east, non ac and rusty. This truck has a rebuilt 454 on the stand all ready to drop in.

Another thing I left out was my yard was full with a lot of accumulated junk—I scrapped an 86 Suburban, made some room for a 40 foot Conex box and spent 3 weeks basically organizing everything i've been dragging home the past decade. It was a lot, but needed to happen. I'd spend way too much time searching for stuff I knew I had here somewhere.

Next photo shows the KDP getting peened. A lot of people stress over that, this one was fine, not even close to sticking out. Easy piece of insurance while the motor was out either way. This is around February 2021.

I still have the Dodge on a trailer... I'm glad because I keep thinking about little parts here and there I might want. Plus i've got a lot of interior parts rat-holed in the cab, so for now its ok. Plus it prevents me from dragging another non-running project home. heh heh

This has nothing really to do with the build, but it fits the timeline...we went to Rocky Point Mexico May 2021 (its a 4 hour drive south of Tucson) its an amazing spot—but check out this rusted-out roof on this poor Chevy!

Next photo shows that c10 in July... got the frame painted, suspension back on it.
Attached Images

1980 shovelhead, hardtail, open primary
1998 FXDWG
dwntwn is offline   Reply With Quote