View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
88lowrider

Re: 1988 k2500 defrost problem

I see this is a Old thread but not finding any updated information or more information about my problem. So, going to try here first. ChevyTech, you have always helped me in the past so, here goes.
1988 GMC C1500 Sierra, Gas V8 with EFI, auto trans, AC, had the fancy stereo in it that got replaced.
It has the fancy heater/ac controller in it so its I guess digital they might call it?
I will get a picture of the truck and the controls so I am not wasting anyone's time.

I had let the truck set for almost a year, outside. Started to bring the truck back as the price of the new ones were not possible, so, fixing this on my own the best I can. Just turned 70 but been a mechanic in my early year for two dealerships, both GM. Grew up in a wrecking yard taking things apart and building hot rods. I do understand Innovative fabrication and have had to be creative as most of my rigs are older. 91 Geo Tracker, 76 Dodge Van, 79 chev 1500 4x4, and my 88 GMC lowrider which the heater quit working.

I have been though this thread looking and all the links, printing out pictures of the heater design, location of the actuators and well, blah blah blah.

I think its best to show you what I have and the big question would be, How do you Test the Temperature Door Actuator motor ?

I have had the instrument cluster out and able to access to the heater/ac controller. The book just says how to Replace it, not test things.

I would like to test the heater controller as well as the actuator motor before I just start replacing expensive items.
Hope someone can help me please.
Attached Images

88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote