View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
dirtfarmer22-250

Should I Ruin A Near Perfect Truck?

First things first. This is a great place for infor, pictures and ideas. My 64 sb, rc, sbw would like to thank you all for the inspiration.

I've got a near perfect 88 lwb rc Chevy 2wd. 61,XXX miles truck. My dad bought it in 92 or 93 for my mother because she wanted a truck. Well, he brought it home and then she informed him she meant a S-10 truck. He parked it in the garage and would start it from time to time and maybe drive it 4 miles round trip to church on Sunday. It hasn't been drove since around 99 or 2000 but it has been started. My dad passed in 13 and I recently put a battery on it and pulled it out of the garage. Checked the oil, trans and break fluid, hit the key and it turned over 5 or 6 times and started. I rinsed the dust off of it and there isn't a dent or scratch in the paint, the interior is spotless minus the cloth headliner is starting to come down about the size of a dollar bill. The only imperfection I can find on the body is the chrome on the grill is bubbled up a little. I did notice the breaks were "stuck" when I tried to move out of the garage and were almost locked when I tried to back it back in. No biggie though.

All that to get to my question. I also have a 92 GMC rc swb 2wd with no telling how many miles, a tired 350tbi and all around a beat down truck with a fair body.

Since I like the swb better, would I be better off stripping off the good parts off the 88 Chevy and putting them on the swb frame or just selling the 88 for what ever it's worth? I know the swb is a more sought after truck
dirtfarmer22-250 is offline   Reply With Quote