View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
1972BlueC20

Re: Installed New Carpet and New Kick Panel Speakers Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefk85 View Post
Very nice. Definitely on my list to do soon. questions. where did you get the floor mats? does the stereo have a digital readout when turned on or how does that part of it work? Choosing between aux and whatnot. whered you get it also? I have been looking into one like that but there are many brands. Maybe a quick write up about it would be nice. Thanks and your new interior looks great!

Thanks!!! I got the floor mats from Classic Parts, kinda pricey but I wanted something that matched and looked correct.

They come in all the interior colors, this is the dk blue, mine is the light blue :

http://www.classicparts.com/1947-98-.../#.Vw0fI6QrLcs

The stereo is a slide bar radio, so it looks original and then you can slide the bar over to reveal a digital read out behind.

http://www.casmfg.com/Chevy%20Truck%...20Slidebar.htm

It has AUX and USB and I also bought the BLUKIT which makes it blutooth.

It does the job, probably not super quality but not bad...I think all the choices are kinda the same quality with the exception of one brand I've seen that looks really original and is like $600!!! I forgot the brand.... I haven't had any problems with it....It always works when I turn it on....I had an original AM only radio that wasn't working when I bought the truck and the antenna was deleted by a previous owner and the antenna hole was filled in on the cowl. I bought a universal hide away antenna and it works great even while hidden under the dash for the FM stations, but I can't get any AM stations to come through unless I hold it up up near the head liner LOL....so I just use my IheartRadio app on my phone and go through Blutooth to listen to my local AM stations if needed.

Im not sorry I bought it, but I might have saved up to get the $600 unit, although I think it doesn't have blutooth which is an absolute must for me!!