View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #8
dmjlambert

Re: C10 almost roadworthy during the day and night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Gibson View Post
... Why are there so many bulbs in the dash? Seem there is one for high beams, 2 for turn signals, 4 for lighting the instruments, but I had about 2 more I replaced that do not appear to light. Perhaps they are dummy lights for oil, water or battery? I have gauges so would it still have lights for those items?
You have a gauge instrument cluster. It has 2 warning lights, one for brake and one for temp. The brake light should light while you are starting the truck, to test the light bulb. The temp light is not connected at all because the cluster wiring connector does not have a pin or wire at position 5 on the connector, and the truck doesn't have the temperature sender that is compatible with the warning light, but the bulb holder for temp is there in the cluster. Apparently the designer figured if you have a temperature gauge that is good enough and you don't need to use that warning light. If you are using LED bulbs, most of those are polarity sensitive, so you may have to plug it in the other way if you have one that doesn't work.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote