Thread: 3r!c84 build
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #679
cyclefreak207

Re: 3r!c84 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r!c84 View Post
Ouch! That's badass stunts. I'm not about that really lol a few power wheelies here and there . But I was thinking of doing the -1/+2 sprocket change. Or should I go more ?
Posted via Mobile Device
some people swear by the -1 in the front since it's like 3+ in the back, but I don't like how tight the chain turns going down 1 in the front... I just wouldn't feel comfortable with the angle that it has to make, I went from a 40 to a 50, and it was good as a highway sprocket, I could still clutch up in 3rd gear (bike hasn't been running right in a while though) went to a 53, and rebuilt my motor, and I could clutch up sitdowns in 4th at like 60 mph. before my crank sensor failed and threw me over the bars on I20 east lol.

For just street riding you'll gain a little acceleration going up like 3 in the back. you'll probably have to add 2 links, and slide your wheel in a little.

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
cyclefreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote