View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
Port&PolishMan

Lightbulb Re: Checking Driveling Vibration & Calculating It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port&PolishMan View Post
Now this is Relative to the Ground and Chassis is Sitting on Current Stock Ride Height .
This Doesn't allow for Rear Suspension Compressing over the Last 60 Plus Yrs.

OK so the Numbers as Read :

1. Eng. Trans . 3 Degrees Down ( Correction ) 3.3 Degrees Down !
2. 1st Drive Shaft Driven - Trig. Out the Angle to be 4.854 Degrees .
3. 2 sec. Drive Shaft Driven Trig. Angle to be 3.7456
4. Rear Diff. 3 Degrees .

Using the Link I Noted a few post back : Gives
Operating Angles of : 1st 1.85
2nd 1.1
3rd .75

Trig. the Carrier Mount _ to be .250 inch Shorter the First Driven goes to 4.40
the Second Drive Shaft - would - moves to 4.077 Degrees seeing it's almost Twice longer it moves Less .
This would change the Numbers Too : ~

1st Operating 1.
2nd Operating .32
3rd. Operating Angle 1.08 Degree .

Please Add You Comments & Corrective Inputs ..
I Might also be able to Lift the Rear Chassis 1/2" _ 5/8 "at least by Adding *** Spring Assist Shocks . .
Axle to the Carrier bearing being approx 62 inches . .
Which would NOT change the Trig Angle going to Ground - But - Seems like it would change Chassis Position
Which in Turn Should Rotate the Bearing Carrier just a - Nudge - Less on Driven 1 & More on Driven 2 ***
Made Corrections - Gee'ssss No One caught the 3.3 Degrees - that was in Black & White Guys ` \ : - )

*** Section above is Theory

LOL - I Posted it and even threw up the First Numbers , Haaa Ha at Myself - I Generally always Add the 2 Numbers when
Doing Two Measurements of same Item then Divide them 2 to get more Accurate Number of Item being Measured -
When Measuring from or Going to Items that are a little Difficult to measure or Set up . . Due to Location of Set Up ..
LOL - I was going over the Center Bearing Math - Hit Me - If I add those Two Readings on Transmission shown in Pictures
etc. Those average 270 Degrees ( Which is NO Angle at All ) "AAaannttt" - Tilt - Aaanntt " Tilt !
3.3 Degrees for Engine & Trans

Last edited by Port&PolishMan; 05-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Port&PolishMan is offline   Reply With Quote