View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
cortcomp

Re: 66 SPID sticker language - share and learn!

"Z62 - CUSTOM GROUP
Z62 - CUSTOM C&C EQUIP"

I have seen it both ways in stickers above, you could decode the vin to see if one of the assembly plants matches yours and decide which to go with.

"On my metal ID tag the Z62AA is stamped in the "TRIM' location.(see picture)"

On my trim tag, it's just Z62 and 544. no extra letters.

"
I think the information would have to include the assembly plant and year to be really useful. Obviously different plants or different years used different wording. Just my 2¢ worth..."

On the year, these stickers are only on 66's as i understand it? At least for this thread, 67-72 have their own threads with a ton of information.

If these were really mainframe printed with chain impact printers, and written in cobol, my guess is one group wrote the program, and did the data entry on the codes, and then sent the program copies to each assembly plant. 99% of the codes would read exactly the same, and if an option was changed or adjusted, the tech guy at that plant would likely change the relevant code.

That's just a GUESS, but that's why i'm thinking that 99% of these codes are identical even between series, down to the punctuation (like CU. IN. V-8, but another plant doesn't show CU IN V8. or CUB IN V8). So, my personal feeling, is that you could lift an option code and description off a similar truck, and be pretty damn sure you nailed it.
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote