View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #12
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: gooseneck or not?

I can't say I have ever even considered a hitch like that but I have done some crazy stuff "years" ago that I would never consider today.

Back in the early 90's my father in law gave me his old international dump truck he no longer needed. At the time I was only about 21 years old and did not have much but I had just bought my house and needed to do some lane restoration and move some dirt around the property. I had no way of getting the dump truck home by myself and could not afford the wrecker bill. I borrowed my buddy and his 72 Blazer and my FIL's next door neighbor had a dual wheel single axle trailer he let me borrow. We hooked the trailer to the blazer and loaded this 6 wheel dump on it and headed out for the 25 mile trip. What a trip it was lol 21 miles per hour was fine, if you messed up and went 22 miles per hour it was like you were a side winder snake going thru the desert. Was never so happy to get that rig off the road. I did not even own a camera at the time but here are pictures of everything at a later date. The international on a better trailer on its way to the scrap yard, The blazer after years of neglect (I own it now in dry storage) and the trailer I used to haul the dump being used to haul my ex wifes horse shed back to her parents place

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote