View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #13
leftybass209

Re: Thompson power blast plate- Carb innovation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfuzed View Post

As Deming's old saying goes, "In God we trust, all others must bring data." Neither a claim of success or statements that something will not work is of no value unless data is used to back it up either side.

My recommendations to the OP if interested in this:
1) Speak with the company about any guarantee
2) Run back to back test with and without the device under identical driving conditions.
3) Report the findings so that the device's value can truly be judged.
I agree with your comment about data. Anything new in an old market (not just automotive) is often dismissed as ineffective, usually on grounds that a product has been around so long, by virtue of age, every single possible variable must have been tried and disproven already.

I've read some other forum and magazine fodder on this product. The CEO of this company has issued the generic cookie cutter info to every media outlet they've been in, so I doubt calling them will unveil any new information about the product.

My carb is about as well tuned as it can get, so the next air/fuel purchase I make will be EFI.

Just interested in the perspective of people here, whom are much more logical and coherent as opposed to other forums.

Thanks for the replies so far, very interesting opinions and information.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote