View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #10
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Temporary Power Plant

Holy crap. 780 Rwhp and an easy 1000+RPM to go,, that's making some nice steam.

Keep us up to date once you get the problems sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
Made it on the dyno.

We hadnt even fired it due to a fuel line leak. We had to make a couple new lines and the steel braided i had laying around puked fuel badly. The local fitting/line supplier met me at the dyno and we fixed that.

Then we fought a map wiring issue. We had to wire in a 3bar map and the diagram I had was confusing. Connector had letters while diagram had numbers. We sorted this out.

Fought boost controller / waste gate springs. 8lb spring first pull it went to 280kpa (27ish lbs) real fast and we lifted. Turned the controller off, same thing. Moved some vacuum lines around and it got better but we still saw 15lbs with no controller riding the springs.

Then we fought fuel. For some reason my Weldon 2035 was not keeping up. Found it was only seeing 9 volts.... jumped it direct to a battery but still loosing pressure. Thinking it needs a better alternator and perhaps a boost a pump.

It made 78X Rwhp at 6,100 going lean. It should spin 7,200 all day long. So there is still a lot of power to be had.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote