Thread: POR-15 Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #29
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: POR-15 Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker69 View Post
I have been using POR for years...if installed correctly it is the closest thing to powdercoating. I like to roll mine on with foam roller...there are several techniques to application that help in the outcome of your project. keep in mind por actually adheres to rust better than it does to cleaned metal. something to do with the chemical reaction..anyway, I like por and it works great with a harded than paint finish...in my opinion.
That bolded makes me a little nervous. I've bought the Master Series, and I've heard it's similar to POR15. I don't have any rust, or no more than light surface rust. Thoughts?

Say Mr. SpecialK, what grit was your final sanding on the metal surface, for that Master Series? They suggest 80 grit. Seems a little rough.

Other: Definitely wear a respirator to brush on. If you spray it, or as someone else said paint in general, always a respirator until the fumes clear.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 10-08-2015 at 12:46 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote