View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
shores6

Project: Boosted Blucille. '70 C10 SWB PB Fab, LS2 S475

Hey everyone. Been lurking around here for a long time stealing ideas and getting advice. Thought it was finally time to share my project with yall. I set out a few years ago to find a patina'd short bed truck. After many months of searching I finally found one. 1970 C10 short bed, good patina. Fairly solid truck. Started working on it, but life got in the way and I had to sell it.

Fast forward a couple of years and I was ready to find and start on another truck. I tried to buy the blue '70 back but the guy just didnt want to sell it. Cant say that I blamed him. So my search continued. I had a friend that had a '68 short bed that he had lost interest in. We agreed on a price and I brought home. It wasnt much to look at it. But it was a start.

They had taken the bed and the firewall of the cab down to bare metal so I knew the truck was solid everywhere. Had the entire suspension sand blasted and painted. But it was a long bed frame that had been cut down. I wasn't crazy about that so I found a true SWB frame to start with.

Couple of long nights, a bunch of cut off wheels and a few air hammer chisel and punches later and voila! We were ready for Porterbuilt.

shores6 is offline   Reply With Quote