View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
blillie11

85 C10 - Street Trucks Freshman Build

If any of you are fans of Street Trucks magazine, you may remember the '85 C10 build dubbed "The Freshman" or "Redemption C10". Well, now that it's finally nearing completion, I thought I'd start posting some pics and give a little background on the build.

The truck that inspired me to build my C10 was Red Rocker. The truck belonged to Travis Noack and the build was featured in Truckin' magazine. Travis and I happen to be talking about that truck at lunch one day (we had both left Truckin'/Primedia and were working for Street Trucks at the time) and I mentioned I'd always wanted to build something similar. Travis told me about a C10 that he'd seen a few days prior in the parking lot at our office. It had a for sale sign but he didn't grab the number and hadn't seen it since. I kept looking for that truck for about 2 weeks when it finally showed up again at our office. I called the number and picked up the truck the next day. It was straight, clean, and drove great once it was warmed up. It had an inline 6 and the carb was tired.

Travis and I started planning the build. It wasn't supposed to be anything crazy. The truck was straight and had a nice fresh paint job. The plan was to throw in some suspension and a rebuilt 350 small block. But things quickly got out of control.

Here's the truck when I bought it.

More to follow.....
Attached Images

blillie11 is offline   Reply With Quote