View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #7
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Headlights wont dim or turn off

What I'm gathering from all this is that you are pulling more current than your components can handle. I would look at the Chinese relays and see what their current limits are and compare those with the ones you replaced them with. You should have at least the same capacity. If you do then it is not enough to carry the load of the high beam lights.

For instance if you have 30 amperage relays then you should go up to 40 or more amps. The terminals and plugs are not heavy enough either and you should replace both male and female with heavier duty units.

I would run 12 gauge wires to the lights from the relays if you don't already have them.

I'd like to see the schematic diagram of the harness to better evaluate it's effectiveness.

The controller circuit for the relays is adequate because the relays require a small amount or current to operate. That would be the headlight and dimmer switches and the tan and light green wires to the relays.

Since you have upgraded your headlights you need to match them with the proper components. VV

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote