View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
jeffahart

Re: Any experience or knowledge about this winch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crate View Post
Nope, the free spool handle is missing from the lower right "stud" on the case. I have an electric version of this winch (Hickey). They were sold as Hickey, Desert Dynamics and Thor all made by Ramsey. Look at Ramsey DC-200 series. Mine is completely rebuilt but for some reason this is the only picture I have of it before I had it shipped to me. These were optional and they rest in between the front frame rails under the radiator support behind the bumper. Search here for Hickey winch if you want to see pictures of it installed. There are a few of us that have them.
Yep, pretty much the same winch. All you need to do is take the transfer case off and hook the input to PTO to the input.

If OP wants confirmation the side opposite side is clutch and not output, just check out the case. Gear side has oil fill and oil drain holes, clutch side has grease fitting for the clutch shaft... no gear oil on that side = no gears.

The simplicity of the winch is what makes it so robust.

Here's the winch in a nutshell: Input to worm -> worm turns main gear -> main gear turns shaft(NOT DRUM) -> The shaft is engaged with the drum at the other end of the case by the clutch dog. Too simple!

j