View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
CarolinaHD

Re: 67 C50 Exterior door handles

They're all wrong, your only options are a used handle from a 1967 only or modify what you have to fit

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722748

Quote:
The difference in handles (and doors) is----- in the handle, the screw (bolt) hole is at an angle compared to the contact face of the handle.

In the door--- the mounting holes in the door are horizontal and the re-inforcement inside the door is vertical (because the mounting screws are supposed to go thru the door and into the handle Horizontally.

in 68-72 doors the mounting holes in the door are slightly offset because the screws go thru the door at aprox. a 15 deg. angle.

You can elongate the door holes-----but, the mounting re-inforcement on the inside of the door is still vertical-----which means as you tighten the bolt it wants to rotate the handle downward.

You need an angled pad for the screw to tighten against, As well as elongating the holes.

As I mentioned, its not a major job----but I'm having a problem believing that none of the parts suppliers either know it or are remotely interested in the fact that they wont fit.
I searched far and wide for perfect doors and due to the fact that the doors are already painted I really don't want to screw with them.
1967 C60 366ci Fire truck
CarolinaHD is offline   Reply With Quote