View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #6
robs71k5
K5drive

Re: Blazer chalet custom

Yes I see what your saying but as you say about the gusset being small but this will be ellieveated with a stiffener just behind the roll bar not present yet. This Chalet is intended as you say to be a canvas shell with sleeping bunks on top . The weight although I haven't put it onto a scale yet is under 80 lbs what you see in the picture and built with 1 1/2 inch square tube 1/16 wall thickness. I have ultra strong honey comb carbon fiber panels made for the floor . I think it will be a good idea to get the specific weight going forward . Also the weight of the origional hard top is much heavier than what I've constructed so far which was an important fact for me as I will be using the windshield post to support the front which will at the same time offer some stablisation side to side as the Headers I've been supplying here will also become integral to this application. Just flying by the seat of my pants on this one but I knew if I didn't get started it wouldn't happen . Another issue I had/ have is my garage won't have anything to do with this project as you can see the rack easily is higher than my garage door .LOL . Now I can feel the pitty ! Thanks for looking and comments and I look forward to any suggestions
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote