View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
philliesmvp

1972/2000 Suburban "Love Child"

What happens when you combine a 1972 Suburban with a 2000 Suburban? I intend to find out. I plan on using the body from the 72 and mate it to the chassis/drivetrain on the 2000. My idea is a mechanically modern (comfortable and somewhat more fuel efficient) Suburban with the style of a 67-72. That is my goal, we will see where I end up. At this point I am hoping to retain the dash but put the modern airbox behind it. Not sure about the gauges. 2007 or newer seats, although I have 2000 seats for now. White/Blue/White/Blue for the color or maybe dark green metallic. I have much to do and plan for but here is my starting point.
Name:  IMG_7783.jpg
Views: 6971
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7781.jpg
Views: 7163
Size:  56.6 KB
I plan on getting the 2000 up and running first and then remove the body and begin the transplant.

Right now I want to find a low mileage 5.3 Vortec, a fuel tank/sending unit and fuel lines. Factory exhaust WITH Catalytic converters, and a driveshaft. I am missing these things, and I am sure some others that the previous owner thought were worth something when he decided to scrap the truck. Obviously I have the engine (it is right there in the picture) but from what I understand it has 200+ miles on it and it knocks so I figure why not go for lower mileage? I will post updates as I proceed.
philliesmvp is offline   Reply With Quote