View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #230
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

On to the vehicle wiring. This is where I'm currently at in the build. I've done a ton of layout options in my head, and am currently going down the path of running the wiring along the frame. This let's me take the whole bundle, route it down along the firewall to the frame, then send a branch line to the back and the rest to the front. One of the key reasons going this route was to keep all the wiring off the front clip so I could remove the front clip and still have a running truck. By front clip in this case, I mean hood and fenders, excluding the radiator support.

Always got to start with what looks like a disaster.
Name:  IMG_2950.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  109.2 KB

Initial routing.
Name:  IMG_2951.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  47.6 KB

Ok, now where I took a couple weeks delay. The vehicle power distribution. I had originally thought I could fit my power distribution over with the battery. And it technically does fit. But ... then I'd have very little access to the module to replace fuses/relays if they pop for some reason. By little access, meaning none without taking something apart. And by something I was looking at needing to take the battery out and possibly the battery tray or making an access point in the inner fender. Uh, both bad ideas. So I moved to the other side of the truck.

Here's a shot showing some tabs I fab'd up to mount the newly fab'd power distribution center I'm working on at the moment. Man it's dirty in there. But that will be hidden, so it will get wiped down but that's it.
Name:  IMG_3017.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  66.5 KB

And here's the power distribution bolted in checking some fit and clearances on the back side. Still a few items to add which I'll do in the next couple days (like my coolant overflow tank) and a couple holes to drill for wires.
Name:  IMG_3019.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  60.8 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote