View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
Dan in Pasadena

Re: 55-59 lowered axle & front springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
?..When I take the truck to car shows , the first thing people do is look under it to see what kind of suspension is under and how it's lowered. Not a single person could figure out why I didn't use IFS. For me, that was all the more reason to do a dropped axle because not a lot of people do it anymore.
Tim,
What you've written here is exactly why I vacillate on what I'm going to do with mine. The early Ford crowd loves their stock suspension - upgraded of course with dropped axles, split wishbones, etc but many of them would never think to remove their suspensions for IFS/IRS.

I think the day is coming soon when it'll be very cool to have a disc brake, power steering (maybe R&P) on the stock; but dropped axle, and lowering springs, etc. setup. Then it may well be controversial if you "cut your truck in half" by clipping it. I don't know, I really just can't decide which way to go especially given that I already own the disc brake kit and the under frame master cylinder kit.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote