View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #205
bj383ss

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Just read through your thread. You have done a great job with your truck.

Only advice I can offer is if you don't know how to do something you can always learn. I went down the same path as you with my truck "at first". Got it running and driveable. But it was just too far gone in my opinion and needed everything fixed.

So I took off down the full frame off resto adventure and 3 years later I am getting ready to start then engine back up again since July of 2013. As far as the bodywork goes I had no prior experience other than watching my dad. I just jumped in and watch a lot of youtube videos and guys on google when researching. I have made a lot of mistakes and then learned how to fix those mistakes.

TCPGlobal.com has good prices on paint and bodywork supplies and also Amazon does as well. There is a guy on Garage Journal Forum McCartney Paint and Custom. That man can do anything with metal. Also look up a member from this forum goes by "Boat" on youtube. I think his handle is gibson63. He did all his bodywork at home in his garage. Good luck with your truck and look forward to your updates.

Bret