View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 05:12 AM   #82
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Project Anti-bling: Let's see all the stock trucks!!

This has been a cool thread! Here's a crappy pic of what my C10 used to look like. I got it from a guy in NC who had owned it for 27 years! She had been garage kept for over 20 years before I purchased it.

And here she is now!

I left it as stock looking as I could get away with and still drop it and run some era correct wheels. It still looks stock under the hood although It has an aluminum intake (painted orange) billet underdrive pulleys (painted black) and roller tip rockers hiding under the stock valve covers. I even hid the stereo in the glovebox so the interior would look stock as well.

I'm wanting the next one I build to have a stock looking exterior/interior as well as some type of era correct wheels (maybe some 200s or Torque thrust with the grey centers). I do think the next one is going to be lower. Like maybe a Porterbuilt frontend and a step notched rear with a raised bed floor and a KP six link. We've also been talking about a way to lower titanium drag blocks to the road via a pneumatic cylinder (so we can throw sparks at night without dragging frame). Sound silly? Probably. Will I do it? Maybe.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote