View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Chevy350V8
Semper Fi!!!

Project 98 Sonoma, Work Truck to High School Beater

Ok quick story about my truck. I had a 89 Silverado for a month or two when I first got my licence. But I had no job at the time and gas being $4 a gallon, Had to sell my baby. Anyway So with 3k in my pocket I had some options. We looked at acouple trucks but we never really found anything. Well we went out to look at a 01 s10 and on the way theres a 93 Silverado shorty with a 5/7 on it. We stoped for funnys and then my dad said, " How bout I buy this for me and then I give you my old truck?". Back in 06 he sold his 04 SS Silverado (that was a fun truck ) and his 06 Dodge Viper truck (Funner truck ) and bought this 98 Sonoma with the 2.2 and 5 speed. He new gas was on the rise and he didnt want to mess with having to sell his v8 toys when it was $5 a gallon. The Sonoma was a work truck for turminex (Not sure of the spelling) and for Sears. He got it with 98k on the clock. Fast Forward to 2011 and it has 210k . Ive had some great memories in this bad boy. This is the truck I learned to drive a 5 speed in, and I went for my first date in it last night. Quickie about the wheels, He bought a 69 SS Chevelle with vette rims, restored it (Matching #'s the whole deal), and when the tires on the Sonoma got baled, he remember the vette rims sitting up stairs, Threw them on and thats where I got my vette rims from . Ive done some cheap mods to it so far but nothing major yet . Here are some pics:

When I got it It was in bad shape, it was his W/T for the past 6 years.

This is the only body damage to it

"IT ONLY TAKES EVERYTHING YOU GOT!!"

Semper Fi
Chevy350V8 is offline   Reply With Quote