View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #25
Ken1972

Re: Re-popped bedsides, who's the best maker

I bought all the parts to make a complete bed from GMC Pauls, the bed went together effortlessly with only having to elongate a few bolt holes. The body lines were a little off, but I shimmed the cab up to match. All and all the bed parts all fit great.
BUT, the doors and fenders I bought from GMC Pauls were complete crap and didn't even come close to fitting, the right hand fender had the wrong contour to the point my grill would not fit around the contour. The fender is also 3/8" longer than a stock fender which makes it totally useless. One of my doors had the latch hole was too be and in the wrong location. The other door was 1/4" too wide and was warped. So both doors were totally useless.
ALSO: The radiator support had the headlight welded in the wrong locations, one was 1" off one way the other was over 1-1/2" off the other way. I had to cut them off and reweld them back on.
These vendors have to be aware the stuff they are selling won't fit. I'm not talking they may need some slight modifications, I'm talking totally useless. If someone could make decent sheet metal that fits, they could charge whatever they want, because people would pay extra for sheet metal that will work.
OK, I'm done venting
Ken1972 is offline   Reply With Quote