View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #38
FirstOwner69

Re: How many gallons of fuel does a stock tank hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72_GMC View Post
That Gas station near the park gets an extra $1/Gallon, From Washington State, I apologize for his greed. That is the whole point of wanting a larger Tank, that thing only gets about 8MPG and those gas dealers out in the country side can get really opportunistic in charging for fuel
We finally found a gas station on the east side of the park heading downhill (thankfully) on highway 410. Our mileage was not good because we were carrying the cabover camper.

An interesting side note. We also had a 175 cc Honda along. On a side trip to Bumping Lake it also needed gas. We bought it at general store. The "pump" was the old style with a glass cylinder at the top. We hand pumped a gallon into the cylinder then drained it into the bike. When I asked the lady in the store if they had a pay phone, she said, "You're in the country now son" and directed us to the gas station 20 miles away where we'd gassed up the truck. I sure would like to have that gas pump!! I'd never seen one and never saw another.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote