View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #114
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I get that you are unhappy with the work done, but try to see the truck for what it is, instead of what you wish it was. we are all our own worst critics, I have grand mal seizures overthinking about things I have done to solve a problem on a build that on the next one I did differently and better, and thats what really learning is, screwing up and learning from it. cant be afraid to do it, and cant regret it. no matter what you think you have out of this, its a damn fine looking truck and at least you are constantly improving it.
Thanks for complements and encouragement. Tons of fun to drive and never fails to get approving thumbs up, honks waves and or instant one truck "carshows".

Having to re-fix stuff myself, However, is both physically and psychologically painful.

Sadly the issue goes to the heart of current life in a pot legal state and its costing everyone money, and from what I hear-- lives. I figure i'm out at least $10K + due to shoddy work. Last local, respectable repair shop here says they can't find drug free mechanics and have fired more than dozen over the last year due to drug/pot related issues. Many think they don't have to pass a P-test anymore. Failing a test is reported to everyone in Solar System so adios Workmans Comp ( and future employment) and hello $125/HR at the repair shops. Local govt loves it cause POT DUIs are treated same as alcohol and now can be detected remotely from other vehicles and even clothing.

Last edited by vintovka; 08-04-2019 at 03:57 PM.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote