Thread: Cooling talk
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:45 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Cooling talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Andy, its a cool looking product, but I'm not exactly sure how your using them. Are you just using this in place of the 1 or 2 fan relays? I recall using something similar for running air compressors. Does it just wire DPDT?
Yes it will be a electrical on/off switch.

The 2 small terminals are the activation side of it which is 12 volts to close the coil. You want need the 40amp relays anymore because the activation is good to 200amps to close the coil. This will be more than enough to run those big fans some of us are using. There is also a 100amp which would work for most of us.

The 2 large terminals will be from the truck battery to the contactor then to the fans. This will supply the fans power with 12 volts. With heavy gauge wire and lugs they should run cooler and last longer I would think and you don't have to worry about all the heat build up on the relays.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 09-16-2015 at 02:55 AM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote