View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #49
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

As I said above, I really did not get a lot done this past week, but I took a few pics before work today to show what was accomplished.

^^^ Here's the rear cab mounts all welded in. I'm pretty sure this will be the final location for these guys based on all my measurements. If by some chance I screwed up along the way, I can still cut the welds to relocate. The 3/16" plate steel that extends down to the frame has not been trimmed back yet. The bottom will be angled back to the frame when complete. Next week I will set the cab in the mounts for final confirmation.

^^^^ These are the front mounts. I have not yet added the 3/16" plate to tie it all to the frame more securely, just in case I need to move them again. As they sit, they will hold the load of the cab, I just want to be certain before these are finish welded, as any more work on them will make them a pain to remove.

The box tube running across the mounts was only for locating purposes. It will be removed before the cab is set into place.

^^^^ My FUBAR was nicking the wire harness with the angle grinder. I was lucky to spot it early on, and lucky that it only has the wires for the rear lights, fuel guage and fuel pump. I will cut and solder when I get back.

Today, I got things loaded for the roadtrip. All secure and ready to travel. vvvv

-Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote