View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM   #20
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Crew Cab build preview...

Well the door is now the right length hanging and swinging. The window regulator should work in the new position and the front interior panel of the door is the right shape to fit the contour of the B pillar. So I guess that is progress.

Problem is the hinges, they don't allow the door to open far enough because the front of door overhang on the rear doors is too great for the hinges. I found a set of 3rd door hinges from a member here on the forum and they are on the way, wont be here to work on this weekend but at least they are secured.

The door is now the right length and form except for the door skin at the front. The front of the door skin as anticipated will need be sectioned to match the contour of the back of the front door.

My other setback was when I sectioned the door lengthwise, I allowed some room for error, about a 1/2 inch in length to grind down for good fitment, well it fit so well on the first cut I welded it up and the door was too long when I hung it, then I remembered I cut it long on purpose so I got the pleasure of cutting, fitting and welding it twice.

As you can see in the picture I have a new helper...her name is Roxy. She is my sons dog.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote