View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
suspectdon

She may not be perfect, but she's a heck of a good time when her tops off! (71 K5)

First post long time lurker.

For the last 5 years I've been visiting the site, to get inspiration for my 10 year project. I went to tech school for a two year degree in machining and when I got my first machinist pay check in 2001 I ran out and bought my Blazer, the top came off two days later and she's been a heck a good time ever since.
I first did a lot of mechanical maintenance repairs (brakes F/R, steering box, hubs, ball joints ect..) Then I drove her as much as I could and got hooked, I think it was the late night drives with the girlfriend that really got me hooked.

It wasn't until 2006 that I started the rust repair on the rockers and forward quarters, since then I've moved multiple times decided to go back to school to be a packaging engineer to design packages and test them (break stuff). A few weekends ago I found a set of rust free doors on craigslist, the doors were a major stopping point for me because they were out side my skill level for repair. So after ten years of ownership and 5 years of neglect I finally got back to wrenching on her over the last couple weekends and even started to score....some great deals on used parts.

I'll post pictures of the previous work until this last weekend...
Attached Images

suspectdon is offline   Reply With Quote