View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #143
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

The never ending exhaust project is almost complete. I pulled everything back off and ran every piece through the media cabinet to prepare it for coating. My initial plan was to send the entire system to Jet-Hot to have it coated but their quote of $900 about made me sick.

I have a buddy on my department who customizes AR-15's and pistols and he uses a product called Cerekote. He told me it is hard as a rock once cured and is good to 2000 degrees. I called Cerekote and told them what I planned to use their product on and they said it would work great for my application. I ordered 1 qt of their graphite black for $132.00.

I spent the better part of 3 hours cleaning, blasting and re-cleaning every piece to prep it for coating. My buddy let me use his booth and he sprayed it all this afternoon.

The tech sheet says it will tack up in 35 mins and partially cure, enough to handle, in 24 hours. It's fully cured and ready for abuse after another 4 days. Only time will tell if it will hold up but it sure does look nice right now. Fingers crossed!!! I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon and get it installed for the final time.

Disassembly on the green truck starts tomorrow too. It's getting real now

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote