View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #97
Step'67

Re: Plasti Dipped the '67

Thanks for all the comments and replies guys, sorry its been a while, crazy how much time college eats up.

In reguards to the question about where to buy it, several posts back I spoke about "awarehousefull" and that you can buy the unthinned dip from them, then thin it yourself. If you are not up to messing with thinning it, definitely DipYourCar.com is the best place to buy it ready to spray.

DipYourCar has also recently teamed up with a powder/pigment company and are selling custom pigments much like what I used on my truck. This vastly opens up the possibilities when it comes to color choice, pearls, finish, etc. They even have chameleon pigment so the color changes based on the angle of viewing (if you're into that).

As BlacklandCamper said, it does take patience. However, the more you practice, the more you take your time with it, the better it will come out, guarenteed (plus its not that hard to begin with). And the best part is, if it turns out odd, or you don't like it. Simply respray or peel it off at any time.