View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
DetroitDan

Re: violent front end bounce

I installed the new ORD kingpin springs and cups today. Old ones were about a quarter inch shorter and felt worn. Added a lift block for the steering arm while I had it off, but then couldn't put the lift springs in because they are the wrong ones, guy sold them to me told me they were for a Dana 60 but they are obviously narrow ones for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton. Already got the 4 inch blocks in the rear, so the truck looks reeetarded now. Plus the rear shocks weren't long enough, so now I have no shocks in the rear.
Here's the best part: after a long frustrating day in the shop, I drove my half lifted box home and was overjoyed to find that it still does the death wobble when you hit a bump. Yay.
I'm going to try rotating the tires, I actually have mismatched tires on the front. I got 5 matching and couldnt get a 6th, so I put one on with similar tread, exact size and load rating and all, so I didn't think it would be a problem. Still not convinced it is, unless it's a bad tire. Couldn't replace the missing tire because they discontinued them.
If my front end is tight, my steering stabilizer is new, and I've replaced those little springs, then I guess it's gotta be tires, leaf springs or shocks, that's all that's left. Thought sure that ORD kit would cure it.