View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
El Dorado Jim

Re: Looking to Buy K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptosdude View Post
Thanks for both of your replies. I'm still trying to get a sense of what is too pricey, and what is not. I don't quite have a budget of $28K for a truck, more like $20K.

Chicks dig K's? Why's that? My plan is to do some towing with the truck (in style!); I'm not sure if a K (4x4) would simply be more weight to lug around over a 2WD.

I also see a K20 Suburban on there, which would be an awesome tow rig, but BIN price is even higher, at $32K. It's going to be a long search, looks like:
http://classic4x4market.com/Listing/...y-K20-Suburban
I only have 4 wheel drive trucks,I love the looks and functionality of them, I have never been stuck anywhere,except high-centered once had to get pushed off a rock...way back in the 70's...I bought my first 4x4 in 1977 and havent owned another two wheel drive since except for a toyota commuter pickup...if you plan on driving off the paved roads at all or driving in snow get a 4x4..and if you are going to do much towing of heavy trailers,get a 3/4 ton...now automatic or manual is a personal choice, I prefer manual, my wife and one son have turbo 400 automatics in theirs..my other son is like me and prefers manual.....if you get a 71 or 72 you will get front disc brakes
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote