View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #2555
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
They're out there. Looked at a solid hugger orange K20 with promo package "C" about 13 years ago.

This is taken from a post in the "Do you have a 1972 plaid truck", by SSTim.

But the fact is any Fleetside with Custom Deluxe trim C10-30 and K10-20 could be ordered with the Highlander trim upgrade. Most of the 4X4s are Blazers and you might want check out that thread too.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635033
Curiously 4X4 Suburbans were not offered with the Highlander option.
Hmm. I'd read a little further in that thread - seems to discuss a little more about how nobody has ever actually seen one that wasn't a C conversion or a seat add-on, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one K SPID in that whole long thread. I'd still love to see a SPID. I have seen several K's with the plaid added and a few C conversions, but I've never seen a K SPID w/plaid. The data book only calls out C's for the plaid trim, doesn't really call out C's or K's specifically for the package trucks. However, since you mentioned it was a package truck, I'm assuming you saw the SPID and it was an original K truck, not a CC VIN on a K chassis? That would be the first verified one I've ever heard of, would LOVE to see one like that. Anyone got a SPID to share of a K with plaid trim or package truck?