View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #18
izzy_Britton

Re: Wrecked LS value?

where i live i generally buy just about every truck that comes my way, and until just a few months ago i never paid more than 250-400$ for them. I did paid 700$ for a 2500HD for the 8.1 and allison as a donor for my 47 COE, but generally 400$ is my limit. If you are patient and keep an eye out or know where to look they will begin to fall out of the sky and land in your drive way, once they start to fall you cannot stop them. I currently own more trucks than any one person should be allowed to own, and i have bought too many to count just for the engines and transmissions in the past 3-4 years. (2001-2012 model years)

I wouldn't sweat a mandatory rebuild on any truck you buy unless you know for certain it has a blown engine. My DD is an 01 with 330,000 miles on the nearly original everything, it still runs like a champ. I put a water pump, hoses and belts on it about 1,500 miles ago. I have owned it for almost 3 years and the only oil change it has had is because my buddy borrowed it to move out of state and thought he would do a proper oil change as a thank you. lol

bottom line is, set your price limit, keep a keen eye out and let the deals come to you. if your not in a huge hurry you can cherry pick the one you want. if you are in a hurry i can tell you the best place to look is at tow yards, be vigilant, spot a donor and ask, then ask again and again and again. before you know it they will be calling you on every possible donor that comes their way.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote