View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #14
webfoot

Re: The project with no name - 1970 K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
I tried to get them (Inline Tube) to work with us on our ebrake setup and they wouldn't customize anything for us. I was told they build to factory spec or reproduce a cable sent to them and that is it.

We took forum member First c10 advise and went with Control Cables http://www.controlcables.com/, we'll be installing some of their stuff in my build thread this week.
Cool, i'll check it out and see how it goes.

I figured if I ran a piece of "bailing wire" from each drum cable and through the adjuster I could get a pretty good idea of the size I need. The thing I am wrestling with in my head is if I need some sort of bracketry to pull the cables up and out of the way.

In other news, I pulled off the evaporator cover, removed the evap a bit too aggressively and broke the small tube that comes out of it, but I suppose it is best to replace that anyway. Behind it was a massive vermin nest, got that all cleaned out. The inside heat/ac box is broken next to one mounting stud and has stripped out threads where the diverter screws to it, I found a good used one on the boards to replace it.

Turn signal switch is shot, which explains why the horn doesn't blow, the contact fell out and was laying in the bottom of the column. The upper column bearing looks to be missing a few ball bearings. Not sure if I can get away with packing this with grease and having it last a while since they are otherwise not available. (why not!)

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote