View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #24
Brad54

Re: Winches /Where to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Ya, the planetary winches are funky with that little lever you turn, not easy for making an extension. But... you could get an electric worm like your PTO winch! Since they have a substantial lever on the clutch shaft to slap the dog, all you need to do is weld a pipe extension horizontally to the lever around where it fits over the shaft. Run it through the bumper with a small prop shaft support here and there; and then attach a handle. Also another cool thing to do would be a hawse hole in the bumper. Just cut a slot in the step bumper, weld a rounded collar from pipe, and smooth with a grinder. Run steel cable. Cool! That's it... I'm doing it.

Got any pics of your PTO. I'm a real fan of hydraulics, but I got a good deal on the Hickey and it's a cool old piece. I'm in the process of hooking up a hydroboost since I didn't go hydraulic on the winch.
Don't have a pic yet... Getting a complete set-up and T-case from DieselDude4bt, and picking it up on the way to Bonneville for Speedweek in August.

-Brad

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote