View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #59
WasagaChris

Re: Scrap Truck to Race Truck

Thanks guys. I can't take much credit for the builds or the wins. I just sponsor the trucks for one of my customers, who is also my friend.
The #18 truck blew a rad hose a few weekends back when the owners son was racing it and cooked the engine. He found a race ready 350 from another buddy for a cool C note. The next day the other motor was in and they were back in business.
The # 3 truck's motor was a extremely tired street engine and suffered from low oil pressure. Three weeks ago it tossed a rod cap through the oil pan so that motor was done. The block was fine so another friend donated a fully balanced set pistons, rods and crank. They swapped out the cam too. He also through in a carb from a 70's heavy truck. The number 3 truck is now very fast but the son who is driving it doesn't have enough track experience so he can't catch his dad. He is getting better and giving dad a run for his money now.
#18 took 1st place again in both races yesterday and #3 took 2nd in both races.
Next weekend is a long weekend here so they will be racing Saturday and Sunday. I expect and hope for four 1st places and four 2nd places.
WasagaChris is offline   Reply With Quote